VoIP Phone Guides
Need to talk to us? Give us a call 877-699-6345
Virtual LANs (VLANs) Configuration
Implementing VLANs to deploy Covoda Voice provides several network benefits as it groups network users and devices that share common traits.
Benefits of VLAN Implementation
- Network Segmentation: The network typically runs more efficiently, and some LAN issues will stay localized to VLANs.
- QoS: Can have a unique configuration for a specific VLAN.
- Policy-Based Routing: Unique policy-based routes can be configured differently on specific VLANs.
- Gateway Routing: VLANs can be used to route VoIP traffic through the Covoda Voice Gateway.
There are three methods to assign a Covoda Voice Handset to the desired VLAN:
- CDP = Cisco Discovery Protocol
- LLDP = Link Layer Discovery Protocol
- Manual = Manually setting the VLAN ID on the handset
Note: Covoda provisions all Covoda Voice handsets with the manufacturer’s default VLAN settings. Most vendors have CDP and LLDP enabled by default.